It may only be July, but the predicted trends for the fast-approaching fall season are even hotter than the temperatures outside. In the upcoming fall months, you can be sure to find all of your favorite weather-appropriate pieces incorporated into fresh trends, all inspired by the most au-courant runway looks from designers across the board.
Trends you can expect to fall in love with include (but are not limited to): Moto-style pants & denim, vegan leather, structured handbags, over-the-knee boots, pieces with subtle hints of lace detail, and coats for women made in menswear shapes and unexpected fabric combinations.
To help all those who are not as lingo-savvy in the fashion department, I’ll break it down trend by trend so you can best execute the looks and work them into your own personal style.
- Moto: This fall, you’ll be seeing “moto” detailing (and lots of it). The moto trend features ribbed detailing that give any jacket or pair of pants an edgy vibe.
- Vegan Leather: A fancy phrase for “not real leather”. That being said, vegan leather is still made with high quality material and sold at a fraction of the price of real leather.
- Structured handbags: From Kate Spade to Tory Burch, handbags with a definite structured shape to them are trending.
- Over-the-knee boots: The key to over-the-knee boots, is to make sure you find a pair with any type of heel on them. This is a look that can do no wrong.
- Feminine lace detail & unexpected fabric combinations: Lace details and pattern playing is both fun, and its easy to do. You can achieve this look by simply pairing a black and white printed pant with a colored top that has a chevron pattern, for example.
- Menswear shapes for women: This trend is mostly seen in boyfriend jeans & outerwear pieces such as cropped, boxy leather jackets or parkas.